How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the purposes we have described below in this Privacy Notice, or for purposes which are reasonably compatible with the ones described. We will not, use it for other purposes without your permission, unless we have a legal right or obligation to do so.
To manage our relationship with you.
We will use your personal information:
- To respond to your requests;
- To improve our level of service;
- To provide our products and services to you;
- To promote our products and services;
- To manage your account, if necessary;
- To provide you with information when you request it, or when we believe it may be of interest to you;
- To invite you to provide your views on our products and services, participate in research or attend events;
- To report any product adverse events that you notify us about;
- To consider your application for employment;
- To perform analytics and understand your preferences;
- To provide access where required to our sites and facilities.
- To gain insights and feedback on our products and services in order to correct or improve them, by analysing information from external sources such as Google, Facebook and Twitter (and others);
- For our own administrative and quality assurance purposes; and
- For other purposes that may be detailed on a website or mobile application which will be described at the time the information is collected.
To manage and improve our processes and our business operations.
We will use your personal information to:
- Manage our network and information systems security;
- Manage our workforce effectively; and
- Prepare and perform management reporting and analysis, including analytics and metrics.
To achieve other purposes.
We will use your personal information:
- To follow applicable laws and regulations;
- To respond to lawful requests from competent public authorities;
- To tell you about changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To exercise or defend Haleon against potential, threatened or actual litigation;
- To protect Haleon's or your vital interests, or those of another person;
- To respond to and handle your queries or requests; and
- When we sell, assign or transfer all or part of our business.
Website and mobile application usage information
We also collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, websites you visited before and after visiting our websites, standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, location data, mobile phone service provider, and mobile phone operating system.
Use of IP addresses
An IP address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your organization’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our websites and mobile applications may use technology called "cookies" and similar technologies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a server. Cookies and similar technologies allow our websites and mobile applications to respond to you and provide a more personalized experience.
The website or mobile application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to a website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify your cookie preferences, and note that your browser controls might not control other types of technologies. You may also wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our websites or any other websites that you visit.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Third-party advertising, links, and content
Our websites and mobile applications may from time to time provide links to or embed third party websites or content. Our advertising partners may collect information about your use of our websites and apps through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to display advertisements that are tailored to your interests on other websites and services. Some of these advertising partners may participate in an industry organization that offers users an opportunity to opt out of ad targeting. To learn more, including about how to opt out from interest-based advertising, please visit About Our Ads. You may download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps. Due to the differences between using apps and websites on mobile devices, you also should check the settings for your apps and device to opt out.
- How these websites treat your personal information;
- The content of such websites; and
- The use that others make of these websites.