Haleon Privacy Centre
Welcome. We take our responsibility for data privacy seriously. Learn more about our practices and your rights.
- Asia & the Middle East
- Bangladesh (EN)
- Cambodia (EN)
- China (Mainland) (ZH/EN)
- Egypt (EN/AR)
- Hong Kong and Macau (ZH/EN)
- India (EN)
- Indonesia (ID)
- Israel (HE/EN)
- Japan (JP)
- Jordan (EN)
- Kazakhstan (RU)
- Korea (KO)
- Malaysia (EN/MS)
- Myanmar (EN)
- Pakistan (EN)
- Philippines (EN)
- Saudi Arabia (EN/AR)
- Singapore (EN)
- Sri Lanka (EN)
- Taiwan (ZH/EN)
- Thailand (TH)
- Turkey (TR)
- United Arab Emirates (EN/AR)
- Uzbekistan (UZ)
- Vietnam (VI)
- Albania (EN)
- Austria (DE)
- Belarus (RU)
- Belgium (FR/NL/EN)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (EN)
- Bulgaria (BG)
- Croatia (HR)
- Cyprus (EN)
- Czech Republic (CS)
- Denmark (DA)
- Estonia (ET)
- Finland (FI)
- France (FR)
- Germany (DE)
- Greece (EL)
- Hungary (HU)
- Ireland (EN)
- Italy (IT/EN)
- Latvia (LV)
- Lithuania (LT)
- Luxembourg (FR/EN)
- Macedonia (EN)
- Malta (EN)
- Netherlands (NL)
- Norway (NB)
- Poland (PL/EN)
- Portugal (PT)
- Romania (RO)
- Russia (RU)
- Serbia (SR)
- Slovakia (SK)
- Slovenia (SL)
- Spain (ES)
- Sweden (SV)
- Switzerland (DE/FR/IT)
- Ukraine (UK/EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- North America
- South & Central America
Below you can find our key privacy notices. Please change your location above if necessary and select the privacy notice most relevant to you.
Haleon Candidate Privacy Notice
Last Updated: December 2022
This Privacy Notice is intended for recruitment candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Haleon. We understand that privacy is important to you. We are committed to treating your personal information with care and integrity.
Our Privacy Notice tells you what personal information we collect and how we collect it. We explain what we use your personal information for during recruitment and pre-employment screening. We also explain how we protect your personal information and keep it safe.
Haleon values your privacy. When we say “Haleon”, “we”, “us” or “our”, this is who we are referring to.
Personal information means any information or piece of information which could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. a unique ID number).
If anything in this Privacy Notice conflicts with local law in your jurisdiction, local law prevails. If you are a resident of California, please review your state-specific information below.
In this Privacy Notice, we explain:
What personal information do we collect about you?
As part of our recruitment and pre-employment screening we collect your:
- Basic information – your name (including prefix or title), gender, age or date of birth;
- Contact information – information you provide to us that allows us to contact you, e.g. your personal or business email, mailing address, telephone number, and profile on a professional social media platform;
- Professional information and experience – information related to your education, work experience, and references;
- National identifiers – your national ID/passport, residency and work permit status, social security number, or other taxpayer/government identification number;
- Financial information – your salary, retirement account information, company allowances, bonus, benefits, working time records, and taxpayer reference number, e.g. Tax Identification Number, National Insurance Number, Social Security Number. We will also collect your bank details if we reimburse you for expenses during the recruitment process;
- Dependents' information – information related to your dependents, e.g. the first and last names, dates of birth, and contact details of your spouse/partner and dependents;
- Information collected during interviews – comments noted by our interviewers and audio/video recordings of the interview (in case of telephone interviews or video-enabled interviews);
- Background information – education and academic as well as professional qualifications. If we want to offer you the job, we may need to complete pre-employment screening. We may then also collect additional background information such as credit history, criminal records and occupational health information (if permitted by law);
- Special categories of personal data – information related to your racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, veteran status or information about your health, disabilities, or sexual orientation. We use this information to make sure we meet relevant laws. If we offer you employment, we may also ask you for information about your health (physical or mental) so we can give health and insurance benefits to you and your dependents. We will also use this information to discuss with you what reasonable adjustments we can make for you. We want to make sure we provide an inclusive workplace.
You can decide whether to give us special categories of information, if we ask you for them. If you decide not to share these with us, please be assured this does not affect your application.
You can also choose not to give us the other types of personal information when we ask you for them. If you decide not to give us your personal information, we may not be able to assess or consider your application.
If you give us the personal information of another person, e.g. your spouse/partner or references, we assume you have their permission to share their data with us.
How do we collect your personal information?
Directly from you when you:
- Create an account and profile in the Haleon careers portal;
- Share or use your social media profile to access the Haleon careers portal;
- Sign up with us to receive open job postings;
- Share your resumé with us, either via the Haleon careers portal or through other means; and
- Take part in meetings, interviews or recruitment exercises.
From other sources:
- Recruitment agencies;
- Companies who do pre-employment screening for us; and
- Your colleagues and/or managers when they give us your reference.
From public sources:
- We collect your personal information from public sources, if allowed by law. We may use such a source to verify your licenses, or to complete any checks we need to do in order to meet relevant laws.
How do we use your personal information?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes we have described below in this Privacy Notice, or for purposes which are reasonably compatible to the ones described. We will not use it for other purposes without your permission, unless we have a legal right or obligation to do so.
To consider your application.
We will use your personal information:
- To reply to your application. If someone else referred you to us or we obtained your information from other sources, we will use your personal information to contact you and let you know about our recruitment process;
- To create a profile of you;
- To assess how suitable your profile is for the job you are applying for;
- When we evaluate all our candidates and create a shortlist; and
- To conduct interviews and exercises during the recruitment process.
For pre-employment screening, if we decide to offer you employment.
We will use your personal information to:
- Check your background, references and other information you gave us, to the extent allowed by law. We share your personal information with companies who do these pre-employment screening checks for us; and
- Prepare an offer of employment and other documents we use at this pre-contract stage of our recruitment process.
To include you in Haleon’s talent pool.
We will use your personal information to:
- Consider you for opportunities we have now, or future ones, in any of the Haleon companies and affiliates. This means we will share your information with other Haleon entities; and
- To let you know about opportunities or to ask you to update your profile.
To manage and improve our recruitment processes as well as our business operations related to the recruitment process.
We will use your personal information to:
- Manage our network and information systems security;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes;
- Measure the recruitment process against our aspirations to ensure we are adhering to fair employment practices; and
- Prepare and perform management reporting and analysis, including analytics and metrics, related to the recruitment process.
To achieve other purposes.
We will use your personal information:
- To follow applicable laws and regulations;
- To respond to requests from competent public authorities;
- To tell you about changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To exercise or defend Haleon against potential, threatened or actual litigation;
- To protect Haleon, your vital interests, or those of another person;
- To provide work related accommodations or health and insurance benefits to you and to your dependents;
- To evaluate Haleon's progress in achieving its diversity hiring goals to ensure equal opportunity monitoring and reporting;
- To respond to and handle your queries or requests; and
- When we sell, assign or transfer all or part of our business.
Why are we allowed to collect and use your personal information?
We can collect and use your personal information when one of the following applies:
- To take steps before entering an employment contract or perform an employment contract;
- To follow the law, for example, employment, social security and occupational health laws and regulations;
- You have specifically given us your permission when such permission is obligatory (the law calls it “consent”). You can withdraw your consent at any time;
- It is in our interest in considering you as a candidate for current and future employment opportunities (the law calls it “legitimate interest”). This does not apply if our legitimate interest is overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- To protect your vital interests or those of others.
How do we protect your personal information?
We want to make sure your personal information is not shared with or used by those not allowed to see it. We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information.
We carefully choose service providers to work with, and check they have security measures and technologies in place to protect your personal information. We do not allow our service providers and suppliers to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights with respect to the personal information we process about you:
- To request information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the purposes for collecting or sharing the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared or sold your personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- To request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you.
- To request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- To limit the use of Sensitive Personal Information (defined below).
- To opt out of the sharing of your personal information.
How to exercise your California privacy rights
California residents may exercise the above rights by contacting us via our web form or by calling us at 1-800-245-1040.
If you choose to exercise any of these rights, Haleon will not discriminate against you in anyway.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. Your authorized agent must submit a request via our web form and indicate that they are submitting the request as an agent. We may require the agent to provide proof that you gave signed permission to submit the request and may also require to you to confirm with us that you provided the agent permission to submit the request or to verify your own identity directly with us.
We will take steps to verify your identity before completing your rights request. We may ask you to provide additional information, such as your name, home address, and email address. Depending on the nature of your request and our relationship with you, we may request different or additional information, including a signed declaration that you are who you claim to be.
You may have the right to appeal our decision if we deny your rights request. To submit an appeal, contact us via our web form or by calling us at 1-800-245-1040.
How we may use, disclose, and retain your personal information
Information about how we may use, disclose, and retain your personal information can be found throughout this notice. In addition, we may collect sensitive personal information as described below.
Sensitive Personal Information is a type of personal information that may be afforded special protections under California law. Examples of the sensitive personal information that Haleon may collect about you include:
(a) Social Security or other state identification number; (b) account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (c) geolocation; (d) racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (e) the contents of mail, email, or text messages, unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication; (f) genetic data; (g) the processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an employee or applicant; (h) personal information collected and analyzed concerning an employee or applicant’s health; and (i) personal information collected and analyzed concerning an employee or applicant’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Please note “Personal information” does not include publicly available information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. “Publicly available” does not mean biometric information collected by a business about an employee/applicant without the employee/applicant knowledge.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as we have to so we can complete the recruitment and pre-employment screening activities we have explained in this Privacy Notice. Once recruitment and pre-employment screening activities are complete, we may need to keep it longer because of a legal action, or an investigation involving Haleon.
In some jurisdictions, laws and regulations tell us how long we must keep your personal information. How long depends on the laws of the jurisdiction you are in when you share the information with us.
If we offer you work, and you decide to accept, we will send our Employee Privacy Notice to you. The Employee Privacy Notice explains how we use, store and protect the personal information of our employees.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share your personal information on a need-to-know basis, and to the extent necessary to follow laws and regulations, and to manage and run the activities related to the recruitment process.
We share your personal information only with teams in our Haleon companies and affiliates who need to see it to do their jobs.
In some cases, our recruitment and pre-employment screening activities are done for us by specialized service providers. We will share your personal information with their people and teams who need to see it as part of their job.
We will also share your personal information with other specialized service providers who work with us, for example:
- Event and travel agencies;
- Technology suppliers who work with us to develop and improve our digital forums and apps; and
- Professional advisors, such as auditors, accountants and lawyers.
We will also share your personal information with local or foreign regulators, or government and law enforcement authorities if we need to do so by law. These may be in or outside your country of residence.
How do we update this Privacy Notice?
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Notice. Any changes become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on our privacy center. This Privacy Notice was last updated as of the “Last Updated” date shown above. If changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice to let you know what the changes are.
Our responsibility regarding websites that we do not own or control
Our careers portal may contain links to websites or mobile applications we do not own or control. Our Privacy Notice does not cover them. Please read the privacy notices on those websites and mobile applications if you would like to find out how they collect, use and share your personal information.
Information for visitors from outside the United States or Puerto Rico
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, need more information or would like to raise a privacy concern, please contact us using one of the methods below.
Online: Use our online webform
If personal information you have provided us in the past is no longer correct, we have a process for working with you to update that information. Please contact us using the contact information above.